Doha Intercontinental Hotel

Doha Intercontinental Hotel
Beach

Sunday 8 July 2012

Robert Kennedy College - it's that time again

It's that time again, when we have to start drafting our mid-term assignment for the current module. I have been reading, reading and doing more reading - getting to grips with the essential texts and some of the other books around the subject of my current module.

This is very time consuming but to be expected at this level of study. However, not easy when you're working full time as well. We are halfway through the units of this module and have to submit a 3,000 word draft of our final assignment which essentially covers most if not all of the elements of our final assignment. It is an opportunity to take stock of how we are doing with the module content and begin thinking about our approach and arguments.

Module Tutors offer useful tips and hints for the assignment but until you begin putting pen to paper (metaphorically, since we are all using computers these days) it is not so easy. The practical parts of it I find much easier, such as the formatting.The referencing is not so easy, although there are clear guidelines, because it is very time consuming and cannot be done at the last minute. Building a bibliography takes time and I actually found this one of the most stressful activities, worrying about leaving something out.

My last two assignments were criticised because of their structure, yet I put a lot of effort into the layout and construction of the final assignments. It is clear that I still have a lot to learn and I think it will be useful to talk to our tutors at the residency about this, to see where I am going wrong.

Anyway, here goes again - hoping for a better result this time.

I have discovered a new trick with the pdf files and the Kindle. It you email the file to the Kindle, there is an App on the iPad, which allows you to merge with your Kindle, then download all the books to the iPad and read them on that. This means that you can then enlarge the pages and see the page numbers, which is not possible on the Kindle - a bit of a hindrance I found for notetaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment